Thursday 19 March 2009

Value and Treasure it!


Love yourself for who you are, no matter what.  I often struggle with my own images of beauty. Working in a corporate world some times makes me question myself and the choices I make. My kind of natural beauty (loc's) is not valued, acknowledged or treasured in the corporate society. 

Sometimes I feel relieved once I have left the office, so that I can finally re-connect with myself and feel good about who I am. This is an on going battle for me. I think its harder when you are the only one in large business environment that looks a certain way. That's why having a forum such as this helps me daily to realized that beauty is what you make it. 

So please love yourself and be proud of the choices you make. I know that is something that I definitely want for myself.  Love Locs! Love Dreads! Love Naps! Love Curls!



No comments:

Post a Comment